Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The unexpected text.


I woke up yesterday, expecting the only newness to be my new schedule due to the new semester. I grabbed my phone like always, unplugged it from the charger, checked the time, and saw I had two new texts. The first I looked at was from my friend, about a guy from the summer who is a Twitter whore and we like to laugh about. Tis all good fun.

The second message was from a number I didn't have saved into my phone and I opened it thinking "who could this be?" But it was very clear to me after I read the message and looked at the number again who it was. It was that character from Neverland I told ya'll about a post or two back. I was shocked and confused and intrigued all at the same time. Here's how our conversation went:

Just out of curiosity, why aren't we friends on facebook anymore?
Because it's easier for me.
Easier for you to do what?
Forget about you.
Hmmm. Alright. So we're just gonna completely forget about eachotehr? How is that gonna work at TEC? (For those of you who don't know, TEC is a religious retreat thing that we are both involved with)
Well the only times I'm forced to remember you are TEC and when Kirsten mentions you. (Kirsten is his girlfriend who happens to be my friend)
I thought you didn't care anymore?
Care about what?
Mentioning me or anything. You make it sound like a bad thing, but you kept trying to get us to be friends again.
Not anymore.
I can see that. I thought we could at least be civilized though, if you know what I mean.
I have to be the one to be civilized? (Then I said something I don't remember cause my phone deleted my texts but kept his)
Well i think it's obvious that neither of us watn to establish any sort of close friendship. I just thought that with TEC and everything, we could at least not be upset with each other.
I'm not upset, I just don't want to talk to you. (Or something to that effect)
Hmmm. So we're just gonna ignore each other for good then?
Well if you want to talk to me, I'll answer, but I'm not going to make a point to talk to you.
Hmmm. Alright.
Isn't that what you did to me? (It is. In fact, it is much less than he did to me.)
In a sense, I suppose.
It is.
Alright.
So are you questioning why I'm acting like you did?
I'm just wondering why it changed all of a sudden.
It changed a long time ago.
Alright.

I didn't think until after to mention how incredibly happy I am without him messing up my life, and I didn't want to start a conversation and such. So that's the end of that.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Avery,

    I'm definitely not sure what any of this is really about (I don't know you, afterall) but I just wanted to compliment you on your exceptionally graceful texting skills. I could never possibly text with such dignity.


    Name twins.

    Love,
    Avery

    ReplyDelete