Monday, January 3, 2011

Don't ask, don't tell.

So I haven't posted much actual thought in a while and thought I would.

I kinda wanna talk about the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell and gay rights in general. Frankly, I think the repeal is wonderful. Restricting the right of gays who wanted to serve their country is ridiculous. Why the hell should they be denied what they want, just because they are openly gay? It's not like they're gonna try to distract the other soldiers and turn them gay or anything. They're just like anyone else and can control their urges just like anyone else. If you're fighting in a war, the last thing you need to worry about is whether or not the person next to you likes the same gender.

I think this is a wonderful step forward in the whole making homosexuals equal to heterosexuals movement. I'm all for it. Why should something as simple as who a person wants to spend forever with be such a deal breaker? A person could be the greatest person you've ever met and once you find out that person is homosexual, you can't be their friend anymore? I'm sorry, but that's on my list of Stupidest Things I've Ever Heard. They're just like you and me.

And that whole, "I have to cure you of your gay" thing? Are you fricken kidding me? There are studies that have shown there is a biological difference in homosexuals. It's in their genes! They can't help who they love, just like you.

It's not the people that don't like gays, that upset me. It's the people that make a big deal about it. Those people who openly discriminate against them and put them down and make them feel like shit for something they can't help. Just live your own life. Don't try to control others'. If they're happy, what should it matter? That goes for everything, not just homosexuality.


Don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment