Tuesday, November 16, 2010

We're in Life's hands.

Life shakes us up and pushes us down. Life demands of us what we are uncomfortable with. Over time, Life breaks off the pieces of us that are unnecessary. They may have been needed at one point, but no longer.

I, like any other, have gone through these trials and tribulations thanks to Life. What have I lost? I've lost my cousin, grandma, grandpa, aunt, and neighbor. I've lost the security I had in traditions. I've lost best friends and boyfriends. I've lost my self control and self esteem. I've even lost my self respect for a time.

But all that I've lost has given light to what I've gained and retained. I've gained better friends and an amazing boyfriend. I've gained an ability to appreciate others' struggles and to handle my own better. I've gained a better understanding of who I am and what I want to do with my life. I've retained some past friendships and my strong family ties. I've retained the small things that bring me happiness.

Life knocks all of us around sometimes. But what we gotta remember is that Life only has our best interests in mind. Its goal is to make us into better people, which sometimes means breaking off what we may think is important. But Life knows what is truly important.

No comments:

Post a Comment