Friday, October 22, 2010

Stolen Romances. (A song by yours truly)

Verse One
When I was 13
My mother told me
Not to doubt.
A boy would come
To show
What life's about.
The boys, they stole my heart,
The boys, they ripped me apart,
Over and over again.
But I stayed strong,
And life carried on.

Chorus:
Oh I've tried and I've tried
And I've tried and I've tried
To figure out
What I'm feelin' inside.
I look at you
And see twirl around dances,
And stolen romances,
Pickin' guitars,
Gettin' lost in our cars,
Holdin' your hand,
Fallin' from laughin' so hard.
But most of all,
I see what I've been missin'.

Verse Two:
When I was 15
My father told me
Not to fear.
A boy would come
To hold
Me safe and dear.
The boys, the've come and gone,
The boys, the've all moved on,
Over and over again.
But I stayed strong,
And life carried on.

Chorus

Verse 3:
When I was 18
My boyfriend told me
Not to cry.
He'd be there
To always
Dry my eyes.
This boy, he's always there,
This boy, I know he cares,
I'll never need them again.
Cause I have you,
And life carries on.

Chorus

Outro:
When I look at you,
I see what I've been missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment