Saturday, May 14, 2011

Three weeks is not very long.


Long story short, I need to get a job. Okay, so it isn't really that long of a story, I just wanted to say that. Nevertheless, I need a job/spending money/college money.

And thinking of all of this getting-a-job-ness has gotten me thinking about other things. Like I'm graduating in three fuckin weeks. That's nothing. In three short weeks I'm going to put on my cap and gown and be officially detached from the last four years of my life. Not to mention the day before, when I will be getting hugs and "congratulations" and "what are you going to study where" and "you've grown up so fast" thrown at me repeatedly. Oh and money, which relates back to my little needing money schpeal.

But aaaaaanyway. This whole graduating thing is freaking me out a bit. I feel so gosh dang old. I'm graduating? These people that I've been seeing for 9 months of the year for the past 13 years of my life are graduating too? What is this, we don't graduate. That's for old people. None of us look like we're old enough to graduate, do we? What the hell are we going to do with our lives? Am I ever going to see these people again after three weeks from tomorrow? (Granted, it doesn't bother me that I won't ever see most of my grade again, but still.) It's freaky.

Yes, I'm excited to go to my dream college in four months (four months, really?) and meet new people and have the time of my life, but at the same time I'm not super thrilled to leave all of my friends behind. Getting this giant packet of information and forms today in the mail made me realize how much of an endeavor college really is. This is some serious shit.

Now I'm rambling and probably sounding like a pathetic, paranoid, idiot, so I'm gonna stop now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment